Every victim of trafficking has their own story and needs for restoration. Our work is to treat every survivor as our first, meeting their unique needs for healing and support.
In our effort to restore the whole person that has been victimized by sex trafficking, a trained community volunteer is mobilized to work directly with the survivor in the restoration process. This Certified Navigator is a familiar and safe presence, who serves and supports a survivor through Six Cornerstones of Restoration as needed. Areas of focus are shelter, criminal justice, education, health, personal care and faith.
- Shelter – WP partners with various known and revered organizations throughout the country, that specialize in short/long term placement for survivors of sex trafficking. These various organizations work in the healing of survivors through counseling, education, art therapy, equine therapy and group therapy. Placement is an option for the survivor to receive a safe relocation, while providing love and a hope filled environment. This option provides a possibility of a “new beginning”.
- Criminal Justice – WP works closely with law enforcement, Stanislaus Family Justice Center and the survivor to ensure that proper justice and safety precautions are being taken. Certified Navigators act as a support through the criminal justice process, if any, to bring a sense of comfort to the survivor and family.
- Education -WP partners with various community resources to provide necessary tutoring and/or courses needed for a high school diploma, GED or college.
- Health – Whether physical or mental, health is a primary focus in the restoration of a survivor. The Certified Navigator is able to serve in navigating through the process of medical appointments, if necessary. Counseling is also available if the survivor is ready to begin speaking and working through the trauma they have experienced.
- Personal Care -WP begins the relationship with a *Bag of Compassion (see below). Beyond these initial toiletry and care items, any necessary personal care items such as clothing and/or undergarments can be provided as needed, according to each individual case.
- Faith -WP believes that every person can find restoration through salvation in Christ Jesus. Faith is one component of the restoration process and is made accessible to each survivor who desires this support.
Without Permission Support line: WP Support line is available for law enforcement and victims of sex trafficking 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. This line is staffed by a trained Certified Navigator. The number is (209) 277-7758.
Bags of Compassion: The FBI approved backpack is filled with personal care items such as a blanket, socks, toiletries and a stuffed animal, etc. The Bag of Compassion also provides the WP support line number for 24/7 access to a Certified Navigator.
Just His House: JHH is a restoration center for survivors of sex trafficking who are currently in mentorship with a Certified Navigator. JHH will provide an opportunity for a survivor to come maximize the 6 cornerstones in a safe and healthy environment through mentorship and therapy, with an emphasis on the faith component of restoration. Group curriculum sessions such as, Seeking Safety, biblical restoration and cooking classes are available weekly along with quarterly retreats that include equine therapy. Just His House is staffed by trained Certified Navigators and operates as a day facility.